Wednesday, December 5, 2007

DECEMBER 5, 2007 FIRST SNOW DAY IN MD

Okay, this entry has nothing to do with sisterlocks but I need to get this off my chest. What's up with the snow and the traffic?? It took me 3 hours to get to work today and I'm totally annoyed. Part of my journey for 2008 will be to figure out a way to work from home!!! I mean, I probably could now but the powers that be of my organization haven't given the blessing yet (to some of us that is.) So I sit here now listening to WTOP traffic report and wishing I had just gone home after dropping my son off at school. The whole city is locked up in a traffic nightmare and for what? to get to a job only to find that half the office stayed home or are in the same traffic that you were in and haven't made it in yet. So we all stand around looking out the window pondering what it's going to be like when we leave for the day! 3 more hours to get home??? Somebody needs to look into this issue of inclement weather. Furthermore, with gas prices being what they are, I can't afford to sit idle and waste gas in the traffic! I think I'm going to leave early today........

3 comments:

mamaesquire said...

I thought of you as I crossed over Route 29 this morning and saw the MASSIVE traffic coming south. I said a little prayer for you because I knew you would be CURSING!!!! Don't feel bad...it took me 2 hours to drop off kids and get to work this morning!!! I HATE MARYLAND DRIVERS if there is any hint of percipatation (sp?) in the air!!!

Salt-n-Pepper Diva said...

You had snow in MD??!! I know it locked up traffic for quite a while...take a deep breath ... then turn on WHUR. Do they still broadcast?

I went to Howard in the 80's so I know the area well. Just be glad that Md drivers are no where as bad as Las Vegas drivers. But when we get snow, we stay home!

Lakia said...

Well I took a day off yesterday becuase of the snow. I don't mind it snowing, its the aftermath that gets me. That ice (oh lawd), but now its doing some crazy sleet rain. OH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!