Thursday, January 10, 2008

Blog Clean Up

I just sat here for 2 hours trying to clean up my blog. As you know from previous posts, I am very new at this and tonite I was ready to delete my entire blog. I wrote to Maryee (Super Blogger Wonder Woman) a few days ago to ask for help in cleaning it up. I had not titled all of my post and had no clue how to label and make things look pretty like all of the other bloggers out there. She wrote me back and I looked at her response for 3 days before I could attempt to try. Well, tonite was the nite! It was either delete or figure it out. DH is not here and I think he may be sick of me anyway. I was determined to figure this out.

With much pain and frustration and no wine to drink in the process (just kidding), I think I figured it out. It was tedious but I am actually proud of myself. It looks much better and I hope the rest of you think so as well. I needed to write about it because I thought I was going to lose it. It's the little things in life that get to ya sometimes and this was it.

As for the hair, no real changes. Made 3 weeks on Tues, Jan 8 and I look exactly the same. I am enjoying reading all of the other blogs and keeping up with the Lock-it-Up digest. I have spent hours navigating sites and that is what made me realize that my site looked junky.

I made my 1st re-tightening appt for Jan 27 which will put me at about 6 weeks. So far I have had one loc in the front come out and my consultant says that is normal. I also ordered a knotty boy soap bar and am anxiously waiting for it's arrival so that I can wash my hair on my own. I have the SL starter shampoo as well but I am actually afraid to try it due to the mixed reviews. My consultant is not an advocate of it so I purchased it just to have it but have not tried it yet. I am hearing stories that range from hair hardness to headaches. What is that all about. I don't want any issues. I am trying to learn from all of the other bloggers and there are some real stories out there. I am praying for an uneventful journey. My nerves can't take it.

I will post pics at 4 weeks so that my "archives"/ "labels" will look good. After all that work in clean up I can't stop now. Thank you all for your patience.

3 comments:

Jena Evans said...

Congrats on your progress with your locs and your blog... Keep up the good work and be encouraged.

Blessings~

Wendi aka "Wendosa" said...

Thank you so much for your comment. I feel so much better now that it looks a little neater and organized. I really have to give a shout out to Maryee for all of her support and encouragement off line. This is what is so nice about this community. Everyone is so supportive and willing to share information.

V @ Locks-N-Motion said...

The Knotty BOy Shampoo is great! I started using ti a few months ago, because my locks(At 19 months now )where taking forever to lock. Since I've been using the shampoo my locks are making gpood progress! Take Care,

V