Thursday, January 3, 2008

My First Wash

Went to have my hair washed for the first time. My consultant owns a shop and she wasn't there so someone else had to do it. When I got there, she took me to the shampoo bowl and was getting ready to douse me with H2O and I said, "Don't you have to band it or something?" She thought my locs had been in for a while based on how they looked. I told her that it had only been 2 weeks and she said that my hair was going to loc fast and take very well. I suppose that was good news. She then proceeded to braid it in sections and washed it well. My scalp was so itchy but when she was done I could feel the difference.

I asked her to cornrow it going back because I am having a minor procedure done tomorrow and didn't want my hair all over the place. (Truly, I was just itching for a style...) I plan on taking it out for church on Saturday. Will definately post pics of the take out. I felt her tighten about 3 around my hairline so that wasn't bad. Overall I think it went well. Just got a little awkward when she said that the cost would be $25.00. I quickly let her know that I was told that the 1st wash was included in the initial price of the installation and ya'll know that wasn't cheap! Talk about an elephant in the room... Need I say more? I tipped her and got the heck out of dodge. I really wish my consultant had been there, it would have made it a lot easier.

3 comments:

ReginaR said...

Wow. Kind of a trip to see you with the cornrow locs. You really did it! Your hair is going to be beautiful. gina

V @ Locks-N-Motion said...

Your cornrows look really nice. I can't wait to see updates of the braidout. Have a good one,

V

CarmenNC said...

i'm sorry you got charged for the follow up visit. she's probably charging you for the wash and style. but the cornrows do look nice.