Monday, June 2, 2008

Feelin Pretty Good

Click on for a larger view.


Had a fantastic weekend with family celebrating graduations and just being family. There is nothing better than that in my book. My cousins came up for the weekend and we had a blast. My spirit needed filling up and spending time with them did that for me. We laughed, talked, cried and reminisced about everything. We talked about all of our hair drama as well and boy did we have some stories from bad weaves to crappy color.

The time spent put me on a high so I decided to blog tonite. Just came in from the dinner given for my cousin who graduated from HS and I'm tired but still feeling good about the whole event. I can't believe that it's all over. I have 2 more years before my son graduates from HS and I can't wait. These past 2 weeks have been packed with graduation activity for about 6 friends and fam and we will be in Boston this coming weekend for the last one.

It's late but I wanted to show the look I achieved by setting my hair on the sponge rollers with satin. Not too bad. I've been out since 7am and it's about 11pm now so I know I'm looking rather whipped in these pics. I still feel the need to braid out or curl. I'll be brave enuf to post my free style look a little later on. I get tightened up on June 25, maybe I will do it then.

In the meantime, I am pretty tired so until next time..............

9 comments:

Quietspirit said...

You look great! Your locks are just too lovely. You'll be comfortable with freestyling before your know it.

Docs Locs said...

Just checking in to see how you were doing since you installed your second set.

I see that you have had some good days and not so good days. But you look great in this photo collage!

I think that when you get more length, you will enjoy the option of having straight parts and will feel no regrets.

By the way, I prefer my locs wavy to curly as well [rather than freestyled straight].

Salt-n-Pepper Diva said...

Your hair really looks great! Enjoy the ease of taking care of it and it is still longer than mine, so don't have loc envy. I am style challenged but you do such a great job with curling!

Naturally Sophia said...

Your hair looks great and I really like the collage. Nice!

ReginaR said...

Wen, I am glad to hear that you are feeling better. Your April post broke my heart. The "scalpiness" appears to be all but gone. Hope it will be a smooth, beautiful ride from here. TOMORROW WE WALK!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Wendi... I'd like to ask you a few questions. Your last post was a while ago and you don't have an email up. But if you do happen to stroll in and read this... I think your sisterlocks look wonderful and I'd love to chat with you before I begin my own journey. Hoping to hear from you.

Khandi said...

I love the collage your locs look fantastic. Did you use setting lotion when your put the curlers in?

Linda said...

Hey, I saw your comments on Creyoles blog. Your locks are awesome. I too am loving my locks and am a SDA. We should seriously think of gathering at GC next year.

I saw your were a PFA alum. My children are both Alum, the oldest had her 10th reunion last year. My doesn't time fly. what church do you attend in DC. We have lots of family and friends in the area. Take care and be blessed and let's think about getting together sometime in the future.

Ms. L said...

Oh Yeah Wendy, I will have to rock that hairstyle when I get mind....My count down is in the end of January..Can't wait...You are even working my color..LOL...You look fabulous..