Sunday, January 27, 2008

My First Re-Tightening Jan 27,2008

Click on the photos for a larger view.

Went for my first session at 6 wks. It took exactly 3 hours at $35 per hour. Not to bad I guess. My head feels like I just had my weave tightened up so I'm a little tender but it didn't hurt. I know I will not be able to go beyond 6 wks for maintenance. She had to pull some of the new growth apart and that was not too pleasant on the head. She reported my locs have a good base and are doing fine. I was happy about that.

Confession: on previous posts, I stated that I was afraid to wash my hair. Well, I did not wash it prior to the appt because I was too tired the nite before. I received my Knotty Boy Bar so I will attempt the braiding and banding drill tomorrow nite. I'm just not feeling that at all. I don't see how my hair will really get clean. I guess the concept is that you are really just focusing on the scalp. We'll see. I am way too tired tonite to take that on. My scalp is fine, I have been using the Knotty Boy peppermint anti-itch spray and that does the job. I am also using the rosewater daily. No issues thus far. I'll be sure to blog the results of my wash attempt.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, it's looking good! Three hours is not bad for your first retightning. Can't wait to see how YOUR first wash goes! RBA

Free McK. said...

Girl! I am also afraid to was my hair. I am not at all a Do-it-yourselfer! I just know that it will all mat or knot up. Anyway I go on the 7th and I hope my head won't be too sore... I am extra TENDERHEADED! By the way, you inspired me to do the braid out, I'll post pictures later. Let me know how the Knotty Boy is. ~Free

Naturally Sophia said...

I just had a retightening Saturday and washed before work. I don't ban d anymore but Sunsail does and has great illustrations on her site if you need help. Focus on getting the lint or dandruff out if you have any and massage your scalp.

Wendi aka "Wendosa" said...

Thanx Sophia,
Checked out yours and Sunsails blogs today and got totally hooked. I am going to use some of Sunsail's methods, (maybe not sitting with the shampoo on my head LOL) but using the twisties instead of the rubber bands. You guys are great and I sooooooo appreciate the advice and comments.
Free P, you should check out Sunsail as well since we have the same issues!

Salt-n-Pepper Diva said...

I am going to try the spritz with water and try a 2 strand twist out and see how that works. I Thanks for the tip.

On the Chicken/Waffle thing, I know that it originated in Harlem but didn't try 'em until I moved to Cali.
I bet yours would be the BOMB!

NBO said...

Your hair looks real nice, love the texture. Whoever your consultant is, he/she does good work. I'm an SDA as well. Take care!

ReginaR said...

Wen, your hair is looking beautiful.

Lakia said...

I got tagged, so now I am tagging you. Check out my blog at
http://lakialocs.blogspot.com

Maryee said...

Looking good! Hubby takes nice clear pics.

Unknown said...

It is a big difference from those pig tails and bows I knew as a babysitter. You are such a young lady now, it's hard to believe. We need to stay in touch.

Your sitter, Elaine

Anonymous said...

Hey Wendi... your retightening seems to have gone very well. I'm glad to see that things went so much better this time. I wanted to ask you a question so I'll be shooting you an e-mail. TTYL.